Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Apple Blossom Time


The apple tree closest to the house is half covered in blossoms (not to mention a few bumblebees)! The three young ones in the far back should follow soon.

The peonies have shot up, most to about 18 inches, but one is closer to 30 inches already. Flower buds are forming. It should be another good year for them. My crepe myrtle is finally showing some buds--I was a bit worried that it hadn't survived the winter. Even my heather is greening up.

The mowers cut off three of the four seedlings I planted last week. I guess I need to mark them more clearly! One may come back, but the other two look pretty well done for. At least they were freebies from the Arbor Day Foundation, but it still hurts since I nurtured them in pots all last year.

My wildflower area between the garage and the fence has an awful lot of dandelions. I've got to clean them out so the flowers I planted can come back. A few are starting, but I'm afraid the dandelions will choke out the desirables.
I can't let them go too much longer.

Still haven't found a redbud to add to the yard. I'd really like to get a few; they look so pretty this time of year. I may have to order them from the ADF...

No comments: