Pages

Thursday, June 08, 2006

What Eats Dill?

Something has eaten my freshly planted dill! Two good-sized, healthy dill plants have been completely stripped of feathery leaves. Very strange--the stems remain, but not a single leaf! I guess I'll have to put the dill in a hanging basket like the basil. If I can even find another plant at this time in the season. [Off on a tangent--why do so many garden shops close up at the beginning of June? Back to the dependable year 'round garden stores for me!] Thyme, oregano, sage, chives, rosemary, and parsely haven't been bothered (so far). My fennel is safe as well, although it's in a different planting area, so maybe the little grazers just haven't come upon it yet... I just wish I'd see them nibbling so I would know who was enjoying my efforts (or so I could shoot 'em like my grandmother used to do!)

No comments: