Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall Flowers and Stuff

Okay, I've been a bit out of touch lately. First there was the Buddy Walk, then the big wind storm and 5 days without any power (or air conditioning or cold beer or google) while on jury duty. Then, of course, it was time to put up the Halloween decorations. (More on that later.) Whee.

So, I'm back at it to share my wacky, unpredictable garden. Check it out. This picture was taken September 30 in Zone 6. Yup, Easter lily. Go figure. And a sunflower. Really.


















Back to the wind storm. In conjunction with the drought we are experiencing, the storm seems to have thrown us into a rapid, albeit relatively colorless, fall season. Just when we've gotten the downed limbs and twigs cleared, the leaves are falling by the treeful. Here's my brush pile lining the front of my yard. The city came by and ground them up Saturday--just 20 days after the storm. Not too bad considering some people didn't have power for 9 or more days. I was happy to hear the grinder at 8 a.m. Saturday, even though I am so not a morning person! If I'd been dressed, I might even have gone out to hug the workers...

No comments: