Pages

Friday, May 07, 2010

Idea of the Day

Heard it on the radio this morning...put together a kitchen herb container garden for your mom for Mothers Day--this Sunday! She can keep it outside the kitchen door and pick fresh herbs as needed.

Just stopped by the local nursery and picked up my herbs. My mom loves parsely, so I got some flat and some curly :) Also basil--genovese, variegated, and purple (mom loves purple)--and some sage and some fern-leaf dill (says it is more compact and great for containers). Now I just have to plant them in a nice pot!

Let me just say that the variegated basil is really great. I was so happy to see it in the store again this year. I bought a plant last year and was so glad I did. I think the flavor is good, though many will say it is not the best of the basil varieties flavor-wise. But the best thing is it is incredibly prolific. I guess that's why it's called "pesto perpetuo!" And it is very beautiful.

No comments: