Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Supplies Arriving...

Pea fences came yesterday, more Deer Scram today. On the way: A bean tower and a new composter--a tumbler! Good thing the pea fences showed up, the peas are poking up already. Nothing like fresh peas. Sometimes they don't make it into the house :) I haven't tried to grow beans before, but now that I'm going to have a bean tower...

Meanwhile, more rain is on the way. So, I put one of the rain barrels out yesterday, since there is no overnight freezing forecast for at least the next week. If only we could store up more of this rain for later in the summer.

The late Easter this year really has thrown off my sense of time for the spring, and I am way behind. I need to get some compost into the main garden bed. At least I finally got all of last year's debris out. Yesterday. With any luck the "scattered thunderstorms" predicted for Saturday will be sufficiently scattered to allow me to get a little work done in the yard. Between baking challah and egg-shaped cupcakes for Easter :)

But, mother nature is not confused. Here come the hostas! Note the Deer Scram shaker. I actually buy the stuff by the big pail now, but the shaker container makes it a lot easier to apply. Of course, with 3 inches of rain Tuesday, I'm sure I need to get out and spread some more. After tomorrows storms. Sigh.


No comments: