Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Spring has been warmer than usual (as was the winter), so many things are popping ahead of schedule. Meanwhile, I am trying to get the beds renewed/expanded/reset for the planting season. Our frost free date here is May 15th--less than a month away now!

They say the hummingbirds are in the area. I haven't seen any yet. There is usually a nest in the neighbor's tree nearest my feeder, but that tree is just leafing out. I have the feeder out just in case. Soon, I will start filling the expanded flower bed with things the hummers and butterflies like.

The spring has been much less rainy than last year. I do hope that means my peonies will bloom this year. They are on the way, looking much healthier than last year. And the ants are doing their work to help the flowers open.



No comments: