Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mulch 2012

Amazing what a difference mulch can make. The guys edged the beds before adding the mulch, making for a more finished look. I should have had this done a month ago!


 


Before I had the mulch brought in, I spent a few weeks killing and pulling weeds in each of these beds, so I think I did my share of the heavy lifting! But, that was enough. I am happy to keep my favorite Springdale small business busy during this summer's drought period with a special project.

Elsewhere in the yard...

This is the first time I can remember seeing nuts form on my hazelnut plants. I picked up what I think were a few hazelnuts last year, but did not pick any from the bushes.


 
Finally settled on a location for my witch hazel tree (no relation to the hazelnut bushes!). This is where I lost my beautiful cotoneaster last year. I have given the witch hazel as much protection as I could to help it get settled, with a wire cage and rubber mulch tree ring. Hoping it makes friends with the barberries.


Zinnias are in bloom in the hummingbird garden!

No comments: