Pages

Friday, May 19, 2006

Spring Rains

The recent rains have slowed work on the garden. Of course, mother nature is hard at work--the grass is growing like crazy, the worms are near the surface so the birds are feasting, and the weeds are taking a foothold. While stuck indoors I've been planning...and shopping. Now there is a backlog of plants waiting to be placed in their new homes, along with a big pile of mulch!

I still have a considerable swampy area. I guess I'll have to get someone to come improve the drainage one of these days. It's not too bad once the rain eases off and the temperature stays up, it's just this time of year when it stays a mud hole.

Lots of branches, even limbs, down from this week's storms! The dead apple trees in the back are coming down slowly on their own. My brush pile is plenty large--the birds love it--so I suppose I'll have to start putting some of these out for pickup by the city.

No comments: