Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Peppers!


My peppers are coming along nicely. I need to pick the Hungarian Wax as soon as I figure out what to do with it! The others are still pretty green. The grape tomatoes are ripening more slowly now, too, but still looking pretty good.

The herbs are mostly doing well, too, although I'm sure they'd all like to be watered more often. At least I can get the containers watered pretty quickly, it's all the rest of the ground-planted stuff that takes a time commitment, since I have to drag the hose all over and fill the watering can for the more distant specimens. Sunny days are nice, but the drought is tough on my babies! Thyme, sage, and oregano seem to be doing the best. I have to keep an eye on the basil to keep it from going to flower--if I pinch them off on my way out to work, my hands smell like basil all day. . .

Check out the local temperature and rainfall numbers here.

No comments: