Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

View from the Back

I do enjoy walking through the yard, checking out what I have succeeded in locating there (as opposed to the numerous unsuccessful choices) as well as what nature has added to the mix (except, of course, for the dandelions and nettles--I'm sure I should appreciate them, but I'm not there yet). These have all rebounded following my local deer's nibbling when I first planted them.




















One of my favorite views is right out the back door. The weeping willow is one of the first trees I purchased for the yard. I've always loved them. I got this one from the Arbor Day Foundation, nurtured it the first year in a pot, then planted it in the bird bath area. Last fall, the deer used it for rutting. I'll be putting up a barrier in late August to protect it this year. (I hardly ever notice the house beyond when I look at my tree. Of course, it glares in the photo. Just ignore it--easier in the second picture!)















Lately I have also been appreciating the birds (and trying to remember to rinse and refill the bird bath every day in the hot weather). I've only had the feeders in for a few months, but the regulars can get pretty cranky if I sleep in on Saturday and don't fill them at the regular time. Even when I do my best to take care of them, they refuse to sit still for pictures...

No comments: