Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

Latest on the Deer


I've now moved the feeders over a bit and set up a little fence and wire to discourage my deer visitor. The recommendation was to set up a wire about 3 feet off the ground. (An old strand of Christmas lights--free wire!) With the empty area directly below the feeder, I'm hoping it won't traumatize the mowers any more than necessary. And with any luck, the sprouting seed will be kept to a minimum. I did see the deer next door after setting this up, but I haven't seen her come up to the feeder, so it remains to be tested.


Of course, I'm not sure that the neighbor's cat isn't now scaring the birds away. He likes to nestle there in the mulch or under the honeysuckle that shades the raised bird bath. He was having a serious tussle with a squirrel when I left yesterday. He's still here. I'm not sure about the squirrel.

On a positive note, my pseudo Queen Anne's Lace is finally recognizable. If you follow the link you can read more about why it is "pseudo." Something about the real thing being invasive!

No comments: