Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is it Spring or is it Fall?

It's Cincinnati!

Weather and nature are always somewhat unpredictable. Last winter was warmer than normal, summer was cooler. A stretch of cool and rainy early in the growing season threw off half the veggies in my garden. (Again, glad I don't have to depend on the produce from my garden to survive.)

So, I'm walking through the front yard and see something on my little flowering almond which I suspect is litter (an all-too-common sight in my yard). But no, upon closer inspection, the plant is flowering again! This is a spring-flowering shrub. Most of the leaves are gone for the year, thanks to a late drought period and the approach of fall, but there they are, several flowers. A much more pleasant surprise than another piece of fast food napkin (or worse, much worse).



No comments: