Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mediterranean Pasta

I started with this recipe from Kraft, but I made several substitutions based on what I had on hand. Instead of spinach, I had fresh Swiss chard from my CSA share from Gravel Knolls Farm. [Did you know that if you cut out the main rib and slice it up, you can saute it until tender and it is yummy?] Along with the chopped chard ribs, I sauteed chopped garlic scapes (from the Farm), a diced red bell pepper, a couple of sliced carrots (from the Farm), and a diced onion. Once everything was tender, I added a small can of diced tomatoes and the chopped chard leaves. I prepared the pasta according to the recipe with the light version of the cooking creme. Crumbled feta sprinkled liberally on top. I think it came out great! I've been eating it warm, but I guess it would be okay chilled, too.

No comments: