Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

More Flowers and Some Veggies

More flowers have just been waiting for a little sun. There was a little break in the humidity, too, the last couple of days, but the weather guessers say that is about over and the 90-and-above-with-spotty-showers weather is back tomorrow. Yippee.

Bumble Bee and Lady Bug on Coneflowers
"volunteer" Cleomes in the veggie garden
Purple Coneflowers

First cosmos to bloom. Lots more on the way...
Hydrangeas.
Rose of Sharon.
There are three spaghetti squash so far. At least, that's how many I saw. There may be more hiding in there. They aren't near ready yet. This is the first time I have tried growing spaghetti squash. I hope they do well...
Spaghetti Squash!

Corn! And tomatoes, and basil, and dill.
A few ears of corn are forming, silk is showing. I am so excited! It is special corn bred to grow in containers. Looks like it is working!
Corn tassels

Zinnia - candy tuft

Zinnias

the first zucchini of 2013
I did find another zucchini today. It needs another day or two. I'll try not to forget it and let it become a giant monster. Some beans are showing, too. Yummy summer produce!

No comments: